Wednesday, February 28, 2007



Get new posts to this Blog delivered to you by email

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Viral Friend (or Foe) Generator

Although I unsubscribed to dozens of lists a few weeks ago I've still been plagued by people selling me the virtues of Mike Filsaime's latest product - Viral Friend Generator.

Now, I'm not going to be negative about the product because I haven't bought it, used it or even tested it although there are a few observations below. But I must have my say about the usual hype surrounding the launch.

Everyman and his dog - yes I even had an email from Lassie offering me some doggie chocs if I buy through his (or was it her?) link :) - has been telling me over the past few days how vital it is that I get and use this program as it will increase my opt-in list by 300%.

The sales letter is of the usual high standard, playing on my emotions and making me feel that I'll be missing out big time if I don't snap it up immediately. My problem is that I don't want a list cluttered up with dead email addresses, non-interested great aunties of potential customers or 4 year old kids that Dad just happened to have email addresses for.

Of course, I understand the viral effect that this could have IF every visitor to my site (assuming there was high traffic in the first place - will that be everyone who buys??) gave names of 3 hot prospects who each did the same BUT reality tells me otherwise. Frankly I'd find it difficult to justify giving the names of 3 of my "friends" so I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

In the right hands and with the right existing traffic / list I'm sure this latest "must have" will be used to great effect but I'm afraid for many it will be another $97 chasing fool's gold.

What do you think? Have I really missed the point (again?!!**?)

Wizzer




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

1000000 Links