Friday, January 26, 2007



Get new posts to this Blog delivered to you by email

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Fake testimonials??

Are you being scammed? Over the past few months I've been reviewing the usual "must have" / "can't possibly live without" new internet marketing product launches and something really interesting hit me between the eyes.

Have you noticed how many of these "launches" (which are hyped up for weeks before) have sales pages bursting with testimonials from ecstatic existing users. Mmm, so how come they got to hear about and use the product before us?

Then I started to compare the sales letters and sure enough most of the testimonials are from the same bunch of gurus from the "marketing club" who will all be selling the program as affiliates.

Now, I'm not saying they haven't seen the product (you may think that but I couldn't possibly comment) but with a vested interest in a successful launch is there not a temptation to provide a glowing testimonial?

I don't know about you but I don't really value these testimonials much - they're from guys who have a public image of success and most of the products would be unnecessary in their already successful businesses. I can see the benefit of genuine testimonials but page after page - pre-launch...

Let me know your thoughts - I may be about to launch a product!!

Wizzer
"Do It Now"



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ash Srivastava said...

I do value testimonials....but if they do not apper to be genuine then ya...do hell with the product...and i think users are pretty good at smelling not genuine..

11:30 PM  
Blogger SoHo Cheerleader said...

Thanks for shinning a light on this issue. I have to admit, I rarely ever pay attention to the endorsements and testimonials.

I have with Mr. Biggs, users are savvy and can often tell hype from a genuine product/service offer.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting people to endorse your product (assuming you will be giving them pre-launch access). If they are providing their genuine opinion (and hopefully haven't endorsed tonnes of other products/services out there), then it may be worth it.

Wishing you the very best!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Wizzer said...

Thanks guys - seems I'm not alone!

After glancing at the first 2 of about 50 testimonials (none of which say anything negative) I lose interest BUT also whose is CCM from Maryland??

(Sorry to CCM for highlighting you!)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and it's David Airey here at davidairey.com

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

1000000 Links